To continue the tradition from past years, here’s a list of cities I have been to this year:
End of an era: 5.5 years in the making, the thesis is submitted, bags are packed, memories are tucked away into a special part of my heart. It’s a little crazy to think about, but I’ve called A2 “home” for just about as long as any other city I’ve ever lived in!
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
Job hunt: The end of a Ph.D. brings with it an epic multi-month fly-everywhere-and-talk-about-yourself ordeal. Scheduling this was quite the epic traveling-salesman setup. (Turns out, we didn’t have an utterly optimal solution — I flew the DTW->PHX->SJC I think 4 times this year!)
- Bay Area (Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, San Jose and San Francisco)
- Columbus, Ohio
- Redmond, Washington: I come back here a few months later for a friend’s wedding
- Madison, Wisconsin
- Florham Park, New Jersey
- New York City, New York
One last epic summer internship:
- Mountain View, California
My first conference travel as a non-student:
- Seattle, Washington
Going home: back to India after many years!:
- Mumbai: though Delhi is technically “home”, 2 weeks in Delhi, and I just had to leave for Mumbai. Maybe it’s the waves at Juhu beach. Maybe it’s the bustle of the trains. Or maybe it’s the huge list of seafood restaurants I just had to eat through!
- Kolkata: Like an old, wizened grandma, it doesn’t matter HOW many years you come back after, Kolkata is always the same.
Southeast-Asia vacation with parents:
- Putrajaya & Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Genting, Malaysia
- Penang, Malaysia
- Phuket, Thailand
- Krabi Island, Thailand
Seven days in Rajasthan : Longest I’ve been away from my laptop!
- Columbus, Ohio!
21 cities, 5 countries, 2 continents — looking forward to 2012!