NYC is a seriously awesome place. There’s so much stuff going on that it became a little hard to pick exactly what to do. Being the lazy person that I am, I decided to crowdsource this decision. So I put up a Facebook status update: Arnab wonders what to do in NYC. Suggestions? Within a few hours, I had 16 suggestions! Here’s an edited list. I’ve also added a few of my own suggestions:
- Venture over to Brooklyn Brewery
- Eat at the Peanut Butter Sandwich Shop in SoHo
- Djerdan for some east european, balkan food.
- Serendipity the ice cream parlor.
- The Bodies Exhibition, which I think is a little creepy, but I might go.
- The Strand Bookstore, endless hours of browsing secondhand books
- If you like meat and lots of it, try the Churascaria Plataforma
- Upright Citizens Brigade – improv.
- The Museum of Modern Art , AMAZING place if you like contemporary, modern and post-modern art. Even if you don’t care about art, the place has 2 restaurants where you get to sit and eat right by a Picasso, for example. I actually bought an annual membership which is 50$, which gets me unlimited access and allows me to take guests for 5$ each. Great deal!
- Look for indie acts on Oh My Rockness — I’m a huge fan of live acts, this is going to be my go-to directory for music events this summer.
The plan is to strike each one of these off my list (in addition to the usual stuff like going to see a Broadway play, etc). Let’s see how this works out!